Saturday, August 15, 2020

My Favorite 4 Tips for Better Sleep!

I am hearing so many people talking about having trouble sleeping right now, so I want to share my 4 favorite tips for better sleep!  Many times disruption to our sleep happens when we are stressed, and I think we can all safely agree that many are in the midst of a lot of stress right now!  Getting enough sleep is so important to feel our best and for our bodies to work their best, but sometimes good sleep can be elusive.  Here are my top 4 tips for things I use/do every night, you can scroll to the bottom for a short video where I share more.

Tip #1 – Turn off screens way before you go to bed, or invest in blue blocking devices

Taking in blue light from screens can have a massive negative effect on our sleep.  If you are looking at a phone or laptop or TV before bed, then none of the other tips below will help much, because blue light throws off your circadian rhythm so much!  Either turn off screens well before it gets dark, or invest in some blue blocking items.  Below are blue light blockers we personally use in our house:

Blue Blocking Glasses

iPad Blue Light Blocking Screen Protector

iPhone Blue Light Blocking Screen Protector

MacBook Pro Blue Light Blocking Screen Protector

It’s best to just turn the screens off, but if you have to be on them when it’s dark for whatever reason, these can help.

Tip #2 – Sleepy Dust

I have shared about sleepy dust before, you can read more about it here.  In a nutshell, sleepy dust is a combination of sugar and salt in a 5 to 1 ratio (like 5 tsp sugar to 1 tsp salt).  Especially if you are waking up between 2-4am, your body may be experiencing an adrenaline surge due to a stressed metabolism.  Glucose and sodium are what calm down your adrenals, so if you take a pinch of this sleepy dust when you wake up and can’t get back to sleep, it can calm your body down and let you get back to sleep.  When I use a pinch of sleepy dust under my tongue BEFORE I go to bed, my sleep is MUCH more restful!  I just keep a small container under my bathroom sink and take a pinch before bed.  Try it and see if it helps!

Tip #3 – EFT/Tapping

Tapping is an incredible tool to calm down our nervous system.  When I do just one round of tapping before bed, I am relaxed and fall asleep quickly.  If you don’t know what tapping is, I have a whole blog post about it here!

Tip #4 – Essential Oils

So many essential oils have proven relaxation qualities, and they help me so much!  I choose one and roll it on my wrists, behind my ears, on the back of my neck, and on my temples + forehead.  SO GOOD.  My current favorite oils for sleep are Stress Away, Peace & Calming, SleepyIze, and Tranquil Roll-On (I only choose one, but these are my favorites I usually rotate through depending on what sounds good!)

Now friends, you have to use REAL OILS for this to work.  The stuff from the home goods store or grocery store is NOT pure oil!  If you still need real oils for your family, you can grab a kit here!  Let me know when you do and I’ll send you a welcome packet and welcome you to our awesome oil community!

When I do all 4 of these things before bed, I get SUCH a better night of sleep!  I hope they help you, too!  Leave me a comment below if something here helped you!

No comments:

Post a Comment