Thursday, January 23, 2020

My Best Tips and Tricks for Staying Physically and Emotionally Healthy This Winter

Best Tips to Stay Healthy This Winter

Today I want to share all my best tips and tricks for staying physically and emotionally healthy this winter.  I’ve had about 6 or 7 years to figure out what works best for my family and I, and in the video below I am sharing it all!  Watch, or continue reading below for a quick overview.

 

Notes From Class:

Focus on Wellness, not Sickness

It’s so much easier to maintain wellness than to react to sickness, so below is our winter regimen.

  • Drink NingXia Red – FANTASTIC for immune support (among other things).  I take 2 oz/day, my kids take about 1-1.5oz/day
  • Use Frankincense and Thieves on the bottoms of feet morning and night
  • Diffuse Frankincense and Thieves (son) or Frankincense and Eucalyptus Globulus (daughter) at night
  • Use a mineral supplement.  I use Mineral Essence (here is how I take it and why), the flavor is too strong for my kids so I use Energetix SpectraMin.
  • Use Vitamin B-12, or Folate.  This gets depleted when the body is stressed, which can lead to your immune system not functioning as it should.
  • Take a probiotic and use a digestive enzyme.  Gut health is so important for immune health.
  • Take about 1/4 cup grape juice – there is anecdotal evidence it can prevent the stomach flu.  I use this to mix my kids’ SpectraMin into!

Lifestyle is KEY

You can use all the oils and take all the supplements, but if your lifestyle is filled with stress, overscheduling, processed foods and a lot of refined sugar, it’s not going to matter.  Living a healthy lifestyle in general is KEY, here are some of the things we focus on:

  • Limit processed foods and sugar
  • Regular bedtimes
  • Limit screen time – not only can screen time mess with the sleep cycle, but more and more info is coming out on how social media leads to major anxiety… by limiting screen time we also limit STRESS, and stress hits your immune system.
  • Don’t overschedule.  We make sure everyone has plenty of downtime.

We’re feeling a tickle!

No matter how great our lifestyle and habits are, sometimes we still may be under the weather.  Here are the additional things we use and do when our immune system needs some extra help:

  • Vitamin C!  Tons of immune support info on this one.  We use Young Living’s Super C, which comes in both a chewable for kids and a tablet.
  • Zinc (especially if we’re dealing with something respiratory)
  • Double up on NingXia
  • Inner Defense (from Young Living – this is basically Thieves and Oregano in a capsule!)
  • Copper Zap – this is new to me this year, but it has WORKED more than once!
  • Thieves Cough Drops, Thieves Tea, Thieves Spoon, and/or Thieves Gargle

Recipe for Thieves Tea

1/2 cup of warm water + squirt of honey + 2 drops Thieves Vitality + 1 drop Copaiba Vitality

Recipe for Thieves Spoon

Squirt of honey on a spoon + 2 drops Thieves Vitality + 1 drop Copaiba Vitality

Recipe for Thieves Gargle

Warm water + salt + 2 drops Thieves.  Take sips and gargle til your glass is empty!

Homemade Thieves Throat Spray

1 oz Thieves Mouthwash, 1 oz water, honey, 5-10 drops Thieves Vitality, 5-10 drops Lemon Vitality

Others we pull out when our bodies are working at getting well again

Epsom salt baths with Frankincense, Thieves, Oregano, ImmuPower, Exodus II, Super C, NingXia.  If we’re dealing with something related to the respiratory system, we pull out oils like Raven, RC, and Eucalyptus.  If it’s stomach related, we pull out oils like DiGize, Peppermint, and Tummy Gize.

How we stay healthy emotionally

Emotional stress can actually impair our immune systems (watch the video for the story about my son!), so emotional health is just as important to us as supporting our physical bodies.  Winter can be especially challenging when the days are gray, so here are a few things we use!

  • Sunrise alarm clocks – these helps our bodies wake up slowly, and our mornings start off MUCH better and on the right foot!  I use this one, and I have these for my kids.  Less stress is always a good thing!
  • Essential oils that boost serotonin! (feel good chemicals in your brain)  Studies have shown citrus oils, particularly Bergamot and Lemon, are very effective at boosting serotonin levels, along with Jasmine, Clary Sage, Orange, Rose, and Sandalwood.
  • Young Living’s Joy oil contains Bergamot, Lemon, Tangerine, Jasmine, Rose + more!!  It’s like sunshine in a bottle!
  • I REALLY love the Feelings Kit, so I made a roller by combining all the Feelings Kit oils, and I use it liberally!  It definitely changes my mood.
  • Find something to look forward to every day.  I take this as far as even writing it down!  Maybe it’s a specific show at the end of the night, a yummy dinner I’m planning, a good book I’m reading, a mug of hot tea, or even just turning the fireplace on at the end of the day.  I’ve found these things make these long gray days much more bearable!

Add these to your toolbox!

If you’re already a Young Living member, you can add any of the YL products to your shopping cart.  If I had to pick just one thing out of this list, it would be the NingXia!  The immune support is fantastic.  The cheapest way to buy this is through Essential Rewards by purchasing the NingXia Essential Rewards Kit – not only are you earning points back because you’re ordering through this program, but the kit itself is also discounted about 15% more than normal to begin with. #protip

I want in!

If you’re not yet a YL member but want to add these to your toolbox, you can get started here. If you’re not sure which kit you want to start with, please contact me and I can help!

I hope this info was helpful, STAY WELL, friends! ❄

No comments:

Post a Comment